Wednesday, December 1, 2010

22222222222

This post is a month late, but who cares! The joys of being an adult :) Anyway, Julian hit the big 2 and I've found myself calling him my baby even more because I don't want him to grow up so fast. We had a party for him at our house and of course he got way too many toys. Oh and that's right, we actually did something at OUR house. I feel like we are always traveling to see family for holidays or having Julian's celebrations at my parents' house because it can fit more people. Well this time we decided (since we have a wee bit more room now) that we could celebrate here. The day was totally great and we enjoyed pizza, homemade cake, and some of the best ice cream in Berkeley. I must say this new apartment is the first place that really feels like a home. Of course I'm happy just to have my little family together each night. Our new neighborhood is awesome! The main street could use some cleaning up, but we have the library, the YMCA, movie theaters, tons of restaurants, and Trader Joe's all within walking distance. And I've started babysitting twin boys fro Haiti in the afternoons. I can walk to their house as well and Julian comes with me! He LOVES those boys. We get home after dinnertime though so we've had to adjust here and there. So many things to report this time sheesh! Did I mention Adam and I tied the knot? Oh, well we did! Everything was just right and we are so thankful to have the most caring and loving family and friends. A pretty perfect few days there. Julian got to see all of his grandparents that weekend, and he wishes that could happen every day as do Adam and I. Ok and lastly, we got a new car. Our little ford focus has been feeling smaller and smaller, so it was time. Julian loves calling it "new car" anytime he sees it. He makes me smile so much. So there you have it the usual end of the year chaos...new house, new car, new job, and our baby is not so much a baby anymore...

Looking forward to spending the holidays with our wonderful family and friends. Thankful for this happiness in our lives!