Julian is talking up a storm at 21-months-old. Some of my favorite words he has made his own are:
diretuck=fire truck
almoy/airmay=airplane
agee/abeeb=percy
mana=tomas
elemen=elephant
He can even READ a few words! I have to give credit to Adam for doing flashcards with Julian all the time. I know it sounds crazy, but Adam did a lot of research and found that doing this at such a young age gets him excited about learning and WANTING to learn. I thought it was a bit much at first, but I swear that kid loves doing his flashcards. So far he can read: big, ball, pink, happy, water, toes, cup, bed, arm, nose, blue, juice, brown, head, banana, ear, foot, leg, toilet, gray, tongue, milk, socks, full, light, dog, eye, fat.
What else, lately he loves to draw and knows every one of the major colors. I am amazed how fast kids learn. It is wonderful to witness.
Julian is also working on cutting his 2nd molars. That reminds me I need to get him to a dentist! And he is also going to a start seeing a new pediatrician as his current one is moving to another department for her residency :( But I'm pretty excited about meeting the new one as she has gotten great praise. We'll see!
On the horizon for our family is Adam's and my wedding next month! I can't wait to be a Hazard :) I know it will be a great week of celebrating with lots of family and friends. We will also be moving in the near future...AGAIN. Aaah the joys of renting! We were almost going to try to buy something, but everything is so darn expensive in the bay area. What can ya do?! You can cherish every moment you have with your loved ones and be happy that you get to be together in one place or another.
