Friday, May 21, 2010

Hewwo!


I cannot believe my child is 18-months-old! I feel like all of this stuff started happening as soon as he turned 18-months-old. He is communicating so much, especially when I ask him a question. He says, "no" so nonchalantly it cracks me up! I'm trying to teach him to say, "yes" to keep him positive.
Over the past couple of months he has been obsessed with going outside or in his words, "die." He loves to say hi to the buses and trucks that go by just like any boy would. I find myself excited to see a bus or truck when I'm by myself. It makes me miss Julian so much when he isn't around me. It's funny he won't say truck, but instead he says, "roca," as in troca...Spanish for truck. We can't keep up with his growing vocabulary. There is a new word every minute. Kids are such sponges; I love it! Adam does flash cards with him (his idea so i let him do his thing even though I think it's a tad silly), and Julian gets pretty excited to read the words. He loves "reading" and pointing everything out.
Lately, he has been driving his trucks across the ottoman and couch, and if anything is in the way he brushes it onto the floor. My computer is always in the way and begs me to move it for his truck. The computer got tossed onto the floor the other day...luckily there was no damage.
In other news, we've been hanging out with some other moms and their kids which has been awesome. We've gone to the zoo and to the Academy of Sciences. We are going to the zoo again tomorrow. Thanks to Uncle Nixon for the season pass :)
Let's see, Mother's Day we spent in Las Vegas with my mom. My first time and also Julian's. Adam stayed home because he had to work, so it was me and the kid on the plane. He said hi or actually, "hewwo," to EVERYONE that walked by our seats. Too cute. We took him to the Rainforest Cafe, which he loved. We also went swimming and to a children's museum. It was nice to see where my mom is living for a while. We miss her and it is hard not being able to drive over to Sacramento to visit her whenever. We have a couple more trips coming up to South Carolina and to Maui. We'll see how Julian does with those!
Lastly, I am returning to work when we get back from South Carolina! I'm excited for a little change of pace. I am still figuring out the childcare situation, but I have a few options. Anyway, I will be working weekends, so no going out of town as much. It will just be for the Summer for now and we'll go from there!