My first born is 16-months-old. It really is UNBELIEVABLE. I swear I was just wondering when he would start crawling, and now he is practically running. Actually it's funny, he was practically running and then all of a sudden it's like his depth perception has dramatically changed. He needs me to help him walk over cracks and thresholds. It's nice to be needed though I must admit. I love being there.
Julian is quite the signer these days. He always signs 'please' and is pretty good at signing 'thank you.' I think he made up his own sign for 'help.' I'm just happy he is polite :)
He's been a pretty picky eater this last week. I'm trying to be patient, but what an awful feeling to have the dinner you spent precious time making go to waste. I feel like he is starting to get back on track...everything is a phase right? Anyway he loves bananas, cheese, grapes, bread, carrots, peanut butter, crackers, strawberries, cantaloupe, peaches, apples, and broccoli on occasion. So he loves fruit obviously, but not so many veggies. I'm researching some ways to be sneaky about those veggies.
We've become regulars at Studio Grow. It's a really awesome indoor play space perfect for cold mornings and rainy days. I'm talking to more and more parents and don't feel like such the new kid in school anymore. When we aren't there, you can find us at various grocery stores or the park. Julian has a newfound love of going outside. He is always saying, "det do" for "let's go." Some other words he likes to say are "yellow" "banana" "dog" "meow" "quack" I also find him humming every now and then...it's really cute.
In other news, Julian is going through the usual ups and downs of being a toddler. He has fits and hits us for attention, so we are working through those things. But all in all he is a truly happy kid. He has the best laugh and biggest toothy smile. And while I'm talking about appearances, I should add that I gave him a pretty awful haircut tonight. We'll see how it looks in the morning. On the bright side he doesn't seem to mind.
You know I've been talking so much about me and Julian that I haven't even mentioned Adam! What would we do without him!? He is my savior and my best friend that I get to raise this amazing kid with. Adam has been the most supportive father and helps whenever he can. Julian sure does miss his dada when he is at work, and it is evident when he lights up at the sound of Adam's keys in the door. Dad gives Julian his bath almost every time and reads to him before bed. I think bed sounds like a good idea right now.
