Julian just had his first birthday!!!!! What a year we have had. Adam was able to take a half day off from work and hang out with us on Julian's actual birthday. We took him to an indoor play center called Studio Grow. It was really cool!! I plan on buying a monthly pass. Anyway, they have a dress up area, a building block area, a tumble room, a reading corner, a dance floor, an arts and crafts area, and an eating corner. Julian had a great time exploring each room. A mom that was there heard it was Julian's birthday and she said she remembered waking up on her daughter's first birthday thinking that she has been exhausted for a year...so true! But this boy is so worth it. For dinner, I made Julian spaghetti because it his favorite and we gave him a cupcake for dessert. I will put that video up on flickr.
We are so lucky to have such a happy boy that loves laughing and making us laugh even more. He is taking steps on his own these days, three or four at a time. He has been doing that for about 2 weeks now. He loves playing with balls! In fact, "ball" is his first word. He says it anytime he sees anything that is round. He has said "mama" and "dada" in the past, but I don't think he knows what those mean like he knows what "ball" means.
Yesterday we had a bbq in the park with our friends that aren't going to be able to come to his big birthday party in sacramento next weekend. It was a beautiful day and the company was even better. I did notice that Julian needs some baby friends though. Hopefully when we start going to Studio Grow he will make some. I've chatted with a few moms at the park, but it is hard making new friends! I feel like I'm a new student in a school haha. Anywho, Julian ate his cake(most of it was on his face and up his nose) and got some wonderful gifts, and we are so thankful for our supportive friends.
He is taking a nap right next to me right now and I just love watching him sleep. Sitting here I can't help but get sentimental wishing that I could remember every second of every day. He is the most important part of my life and I don't want to miss a thing.
