Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Preterm Contractions

So we spent the evening at the hospital.  I started having contractions last night and they were still going today, so instead of worrying I decided to call labor and delivery who then said to come in for some monitoring.  Adam came home from work early and took me.  I got hooked up to the machines and the monitoring began around 8pm.  I was definitely having contractions every 2 to 3 minutes, so the nurse "checked" me and said I was a mere 1cm dilated and that she would check back in 2 hours.  I was checked again at 10pm after continuing to have contractions every 2 to 3 minutes and the nurse said that there wasn't any change.  So we got to go home.  We will go back to the hospital if the contractions become too severe to sleep or if my water breaks.  For now I'm just uncomfortably sitting through these contractions hoping they will stop!