Monday, April 21, 2008

11 weeks and counting

Adam and I found out we were going to have a baby around the middle of March.  While we wanted to start a family, we were in no way prepared!  For one, I didn't have insurance because the coverage I had with my mother ended when I turned 23.  So the first week after finding out was spent getting insurance and setting up appointments.  With that out of the way we were able to relax and enjoy this little secret.  We slowly began telling close friends, but we feared it was too early.  After our first appointment we began telling more and more people.  We were pretty nervous about telling our families because we knew they were just going to be blown away, but everything worked out.  The best was telling my mom after she had a few glasses of wine.  We were at a restaurant and she couldn't contain herself.  She teared up and was ready to call anyone and everyone she knew.  She had the waiter bring champagne (sprite for me) and desserts to celebrate the baby and Adam's belated birthday.  It was so cute too bad my camera was dead!  So it has been an exciting couple of months!  We want to thank everyone for their kindness and support.  You have all been so amazing.  Thank you!